Thursday, August 28, 2014

Weekend

This weekend something unexpected happened. 

      I was invited to spend the weekend at the beach house of a friend. A friend I hadn't seen in more than a year. 

      I reality, we had so much time without seeing and talking to each other that I even doubted we were still friends. 

      I was doubting between going or not, but because she had invited another friend we had in common so that made me feel calmer. When I got to the the meeting point I was told that our friend in common wasn't going to go. That made me very nervous. His presence, in a way, had made me feel calmer, because I didn't feel like I had to be starting conversations every time. But I was there, at the meeting point, and it was too late to cancel my attendance. 

     I'm not gonna lie. I did something I shouldn't have done. I took two more pills for anxiety than the prescribed by my doctor. 

     After a one hour ride we where there. By that time, it was only the family of this "friend" and me. But after awhile more people started to arrive. 

    I didn't know that more people was going to be there. I started getting even more nervous. Five boys that looked about my age had arrived, I didn't know any of them. After a while another family arrived. This time I didn't know one of the girls who came with that family, she is my age, but I'm not fond of her. 

     I admit it, I did another thing I shouldn't have done, especially not when I was taking meds for my anxiety and depression. I took four shots of tequila. Because I had had dinner already, that quantity wasn't enough to get me very intoxicated, but it was enough to get me to relax. So much that I got sleepy.

     That was the reason why I fell asleep at midnight, meanwhile the rest of the people at the beach house went to sleep until four am. 

     The next day, I woke up with a strong headache. I felt very bad, I hadn't sleep very well, I don't like sleeping in beds that aren't mine and I felt exposed being in a bed in the same room as many other people. 

     After spending the weekend with this friend I think I shouldn't have judged the relationship I had with this friend. I shouldn't have doubted of our friendship. It's still intact after all this time. Now I value her friendship even more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment